Managing Member at Long & Robinson, LLC
With his own three kids in college, Scott Long has turned his attention to a new kid: his Little, 12-year-old Carlos. Long’s involvement with Big Brothers Big Sisters doesn’t end there; he’s working with the organization to create a pilot program where kids can access tutors at their school for academic assistance. He’s also getting involved at the community level in the Crossroads Arts District to make it a better place to live and work.
“Kansas City is again coming into its own and it’s completely driven by the people here,” Long says. “I’ve been coming to the Crossroads regularly since 2008 and have lived there for going on three years. The transformation has been as rapid as it’s been spectacular, and it’s driven by people with vision. I’ve seen the city pull together to make things happen and I love being a part of it.”
Inspired by his own mentor, Dr. Tim Bengston, who encouraged and worked with Long throughout his time at the University of Kansas’ School of Journalism, Long now aspires to motivate the people in his own life.
Scott Long’s Auction Package
Scenic Colorado Hideaway
Approximate Value: $5,600
- 5 nights lodging in a 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom luxury log cabin home located near the base of Buffalo Mountain in Dillon/Silverthorne Colorado (must book 2 months in advance on mutually agreed upon date in 2016; summer trip can be accommodated, not available for Christmas or spring break)
- $600 Southwest Airlines Gift Card
- $500 Christy Sports gift certificate for equipment rental
- $500 Jax Fish House gift card for Denver or KC
- $500 Sitzmart travel voucher for lift tickets or outdoor gear
- $500 Whole Foods Market gift certificate for Frisco, Colorado, or KC
See more of our Most Wanted Auction honorees, or click the image below to buy tickets!