Lead Litigation Attorney for Kansas City Public Schools
Kansas City born and bred, Ivan Nugent has had an amazing rise from his first job at McDonald’s to his current position as lead litigation attorney for Kansas City Public Schools, a journey he calls very humbling. After graduating from Rockhurst High School, he studied finance and economics at Rockhurst University, where he also received an MBA, later obtaining a law degree from Western Michigan University.
Beating the odds to receive his law degree is one of Nugent’s proudest accomplishments, along with defending Kansas City Public School District and keeping money in the school system and helping the workforce make the most out of every day for its more than 14,000 students.
Nugent currently serves on the board of Spofford Home and Show Me KC Schools and is the steering chair for the Centurions Leadership Program in addition to coaching a club basketball team for students working toward scholastic and athletic scholarships.
A mentor to those players, he considers his personal mentor his father, who got a degree after having a family and showed Nugent the value of an education and that individual gifts are tools to help others.
Ivan Nugent’s Auction Package
Chiefs vs. Chargers in Sunny San Diego & Golf with George Brett
Approximate Value: $4,000
- 2 tickets with parking pass and on-field pre-game access for the Chiefs vs. Chargers game at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego for the 2016 season, date TBD
- 2-night stay at Hotel Indigo in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
- 2 Southwest airlines roundtrip flights up to $1,000
- 1 round of golf for 2 with Royals Hall of Famer George Brett, accompanied by Kevin Ward, founder of The Golf Stable at Mission Hills Country Club in Kansas City
- On-field batting practice experience for 4 including 4 lower level Royals tickets with reserved parking on a mutually agreed upon 2016 regular season home game, some restrictions apply
See more of our Most Wanted Auction honorees, or click the image below to buy tickets!