President of Solomon Consulting Group
Grant Gordon came to the U.S. from Johannesburg, South Africa, to play tennis and never found his way back, as he describes it. His career has come just as far: his first paying job was working for a clown as a mascot and assistant. After trying his hand at professional tennis, he chose IT and application development, now managing Solomon Consulting Group, which he built from the ground up. The company, which provides business intelligence consulting and staffing solutions has made the Inc. 500 list for the past three years.
A mission trip to Lesotho, South Africa, inspired him to make a difference wherever he can in his life, and Gordon currently serves as a board member, Big and match maker for Big Brothers Big Sisters. He’s also involved with Church of the Resurrection’s Beds Program, providing beds to metro kids who don’t have a place of their own to sleep, and Genesis Promise Academy. Kansas City’s sense of community is one of the things that set it apart in Gordon’s mind.
“From entrepreneurship in business and willingness from professionals to assist each other, to the helping hands so many selfless organizations give out…the humanity in this city is what makes it great,” he says.
Grant Gordon’s Auction Package
U.S. Virgin Islands Retreat with COACH Luggage
Approximate Value: $5,200
- 5-day, 4-night stay in paradise from June 5-June 10, 2016 at Wyndham St. Thomas Margaritaville Vacation Club Resort in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Resort is inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville
- Located beachside on Water Bay at the eastern end of St. Thomas
- White sands, crystal-clear waters, gorgeous nautical themed suites in a relaxing setting
- $1,000 credit for American or Delta airline
- $500 COACH gift certificate for new luggage
- Roundtrip limo ride to MCI
See more of our Most Wanted Auction honorees, or click the image below to buy tickets!