President and CEO of Mazuma
Mazuma Credit Union has been a Kansas City institution for more than 65 years, but it took president and CEO Brandon Michaels some time to get to the city he now calls home. Originally from San Francisco, Michaels studied finance and psychology at the University of Oklahoma, eventually moving to KC in 2009.
Since then, he’s gotten involved as a member of Big Brothers Big Sisters’ Corporate Club, a former member of the Board of Brush Creek Community Partners and the Mazuma Foundation, his company’s charitable organization that gives back to the community in the form of education, community development and the arts.
What does he love most about his adopted home? “The community,” Michaels says. “Despite it being a city of 2 million plus people, it is very connected and has a small feel to it. I love the people, the values and the fact that I don’t have to drive three hours a day to get to and from work.”
Brandon Michaels’ Auction Package
Sporting KC VIP Experience: Travel with the Team
Approximate Value: $7,000
- Travel with the Sporting KC team to one of their 2016 season away games on a mutually agreed upon date
- 2 roundtrip flights with the team
- Hotel accommodations for 2
- 2 tickets to the game
- 2 Tickets in owner’s Victory Suite for a 2016 Sporting KC home game on a mutually agreed upon date; suite includes all food and drink
- 1 customized jersey
- Behind the scenes tour of Sporting Park
- On-field experience during the pre-game warm-ups
- Halftime meet and greet with Sporting Kansas City player in the suite
- Access to post-game press conference
See more of our Most Wanted Auction honorees, or click the image below to buy tickets!