Sure, Guinness and whiskey are the most popular St. Patrick’s Day drinks, but we still need our daily dose of caffeine. Start your day with an Irish kick, courtesy of these recipes from Kaldi’s Coffee.
Traditional Irish coffee
- 1.5 ounces Redbreast Irish whiskey
- 3 ounces hot coffee
- 1.25 ounces fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar or 1oz brown sugar simple syrup
- .5 ounces fernet
Combine whiskey, coffee, simple syrup and fernet. Heat slowly and, when hot, top with fresh cream.
Non-alcoholic iced Irish toddy
- 8-10 ounces of toddy cold brew coffee
- 1.5 ounces of fresh mint simple syrup
- 2.5 ounces of milk or heavy cream
Fill 16-ounce glass full of ice. Add toddy cold brew coffee to ice, then fresh mint simple syrup. Pour those ingredients into cocktail shaker, and shake for 5-10 seconds. Pour shaken beverage back into glass, then add a layer of milk or cream on top. For a unique level of texture, combine all ingredients, including milk, then shake with cocktail shaker.