Do dinner and a movie the nutritious way with a hearty quinoa bowl packed with protein, veggies and flavor.
Grilled Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Yields 1 serving
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, warm
- 1 tablespoon caramelized onions, warm
- 1 tablespoon simple lemon vinaigrette
- 1 herb marinated grilled chicken breast, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted or grilled asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon basil, chiffonade
To make the quinoa:
Place the quinoa and caramelized onions into a bowl, and mix to combine.
Top 1/3 of the bowl with the diced chicken breast.
Top 1/3 with the asparagus and tomatoes.
Top the remaining 1/3 with the crumbled feta.
Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette evenly over the dish.
Sprinkle toasted almonds and basil chiffonade evenly over the dish.