WARLOCK’S CAULDRON BBQ SHRIMP RECIPE
- 32 16-20 size shrimp, deveined, tails on
- 2 tablespoons creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup beer, preferably Boulevard Wheat
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
To make shrimp:
Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Meanwhile, put shrimp and creole seasoning into a bowl; toss to coat. Set aside. Add oil and garlic to skillet and cook until golden, about 1 minute.
Add rosemary and cook for 2-3 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, flipping once, until it starts to turn pink, about 30 seconds. Transfer shrimp to a large plate, set aside. Add beer, hot sauce, Worcestershire and lemon juice to skillet and stir well. Cook, stirring until thickened, 7-8 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat; whisk in butter a few pieces at a time (sauce will start to thicken). Return shrimp to skillet; toss to coat. Return skillet to medium heat and cook until shrimp are cooked through in 2-3 minutes. Serve in a cast iron skillet.