Newport Grill serves up the recipe for its salmon salad with raspberry vinaigrette.
Hearty enough to keep you full and healthy enough to enjoy guilt-free, Newport Grill’s Salmon Salad with delicious add-ons such as fennel, dried cranberries, green apple and goat cheese will be your new go-to summer dish.
Newport Grill’s Salmon Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
For the salad:
- 2 8-ounce salmon filets
- 8 ounces arugula
- Fennel, shaved or sliced thin
- Large pinch of dried cranberries
- Green apple slices, about 8 per person
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 ounce toasted pine nuts
For the raspberry vinaigrette:
- 1 ounce fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 basil leaves, minced
- 6 ounces salad oil or canola oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the salmon
- Lightly season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Grill or pan sear the salmon to your desired level of doneness.
- Let rest for 30 seconds before you pair the salmon with the salad.
For the raspberry vinaigrette
- Combine the raspberries, shallots, black pepper and vinegar in a small bowl and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the raspberry base to a blender and add the Dijon mustard.
- Puree the raspberry base until smooth.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle the canola oil into the blender to create an emulsified vinaigrette.
- Strain the vinaigrette to remove any seed particles.
- Fold in the minced basil into the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
To finish, toss the arugula with the desired amount of raspberry vinaigrette. Garnish the salad with all of the accompaniments. Put the salmon on top of the salad and enjoy.