After several months of accepting nominations from chamber members, customers, employees and self-nominations, the Kansas City Kansas Area KCK Chamber of Commerce presented the following awards at the annual Small Business Awards Luncheon at Sporting Park:
- 2014 Small Business of the Year Award to Preferred Physical Therapy
- 2014 New Small Business of the Year Award to Agua Fina Irrigation & Landscape
- 2014 Non-Profit of the Year Award to Argentine Neighborhood Development Association
“The Small Business Awards Luncheon is all about honoring small business and the contributions they make throughout the community,” says Todd LaSala, KCK Chamber chairman and partner at Stinson Leonard Street. “They drive job creation, new business ventures and the products of tomorrow.”
The winners in each category received a certificate, an award and a cash prize presented by Arlene Mockapetris, regional manager and senior vice president with U.S. Bank, and surprised attendees with a $1,000 donation to each of the nonprofit finalists.
In addition to the awardees, two finalists in each of the categories were honored. They included:
- Small Business of the Year Award finalists Horace Mann Lofts and Judi’s Family Bakery
- New Small Business of the Year Award finalists Horace Mann Goin’ Postal and Leap.It
- Non-Profit of the Year Award finalists Associated Youth Services and Duchesne Clinic
Congratulations to all of the Kansas City, Kansas area small businesses who were nominated and received awards this year!
- Kathryn Greene