This is a recipe used at one of Spain’s most private and beautiful resorts. The resort might not be easy to get to, but the recipe is easy to make!
Traditional Spanish Sangria Recipe
1 Bottle of red wine
3 Sprigs of mint
½ Cup of brandy
¼ Cup of cointreau
3 Tablespoons of sugar
2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
- Make juice out of one of the oranges
- Slice the other orange (about ½ cm thick)
- Peel and stone the peach and roughly chop
- Put in a jug with the brandy, the cointreau, the sugar and the cinnamon
- Leave to macerate for about 1 hour then add the red wine
- Tear in the fresh mint
- Pour about 2 thirds of this mix into a tumbler and top up with soda water and ice
Don’t feel like making a mess in the kitchen? Kansas City has a few spots that serve some truly fantastic sangria. Here are a few of our recommendations.