The man who sealed the deal to bring Google Fiber to the Kansas City metro area means so much more to his constituents.
- Joe Reardon’s father, the late John E. “Jack” Reardon was the youngest mayor in Kansas history at the age of 31. Joe was 35 when he became mayor.
- Joe’s uncle, Bill Reardon, served in the Kansas House of Representatives from 1975 until 2004 when he was replaced by his wife Kathy.
- Joe was named “2012 Mayor of the Year” by the Kansas Mayors Association
- A resident of Wyandotte County, Joe has referred to himself as “A true ‘Dotte’ to the core”
- During his first term, Mayor Joe Reardon established his First Floor First Fridays event, which enabled citizens to meet face-to-face with government officials, which proved to be extremely popular.
Former Mayor Joe Reardon with the Google Fiber display in Kansas City. Photo by Paul Andrews.