We found seven more reasons to stay at the decadent, Art-Deco Hotel Phillips this month.
With so many events and performing arts outings taking place during October in midtown, booking a room at this historic boutique hotel makes perfect sense. We found more reasons to call the reservation desk right now:
1) The downtown hotel offers a complimentary wine reception Monday through Friday, 5–6 p.m. Perfect for an after-work date.
2) Hear live jazz performed Thursday–Saturday nights in the 12 Baltimore dining room. Now, that’s the way to set a mood.
3) 12 Baltimore offers tempting food and drink specials to put you in an Oktoberfest mood. After a course of Beer Brats with Braised Cabbage or Chicken Schnitzel with Roasted Potatoes and Lemon Caper Butter Sauce, you’ll say wunderbar!
4) For those more interested in cocktails over wine, The Lederhosen Remover combines Jameson Irish Whiskey, Baranjager Liqueur, Orange Juice, Bitter and Simple Syrup.
5) Only have time for lunch instead of a weekend stay? Try the 12 Baltimore Downtown Lunch Special. The Stimulus Lunch is offered weekdays from 11:00 a.m.–noon and offers over a dozen lunch items with a beverage for just $8.95.
6) Executive chef Justin Voldan uses many of Boulevard’s locally crafted beers in his recipes, taking advantage of the partnership between 12 Baltimore and the Brewery. Check out the seasonal menu to explore Voldan’s culinary creativity.
7) Beyond food and drink, there’s the best of Broadway to enjoy. Book with Hotel Phillips for Center Orchestra-Section seats to upcoming shows including Wicked (Oct 9-27), Beauty and the Beast (Dec 10-15) and Sister Act (Jan 21-26). Details here.
By the way, the Art Deco lobby pictured above in this historic hotel was created by Charles Phillips in 1931. Here’s some more history to study before you book a stay.