How she spends her weekends: Working as a DJ.
Biggest moment on stage: Singing on stage at Carnegie Hall in New York City as a senior in high school.
Number of sports currently playing: Three (softball, kickball and volleyball).
On the runway? David Guetta “sexy chick” or Usher “Dj has us falling in love again”
Former on-air talent, DJ, and corporate recruiter, 33-year-old Kim Badami has launched three successful careers since college in the time it takes most people to launch one.
Badami got her start in college, where she started working in radio for CBS radio (now Wilks Broadcasting). Badami worked her way up through the company, and eventually, she was asked to be an on-air talent with Mix 93.3.
“Most people have to start off in small towns to get that opportunity, but I proved myself within the company and showed my personality and was given a great opportunity,” says Badami.
She has since then moved on to a radio job in Florida and then moved back to KC to pursue new opportunities like Recruiting and is now a corporate recruiter for a large Kansas City company.
13 years ago, Badami launched her own DJ company, too—it’s a full-time commitment that she manages to balance with her workload in recruiting. Looking ahead, Badami says she wouldn’t mind trying out improv comedy or performing a few acoustic shows around town, too.
As for giving back, Badami says she loves Kansas City and gets involved in as many activities as she has time for. From charity events to sports, concerts, softball games, kickball, volleyball or any other social event, Badami enjoys the opportunity to meet so many different people in so many diverse places.
One of nine kids, Badami is the only daughter with Eight brothers! She believes her mother’s strength has had a tremendous impact on her outlook on life.
“She is a strong Irish woman who has given her whole life to be a stay-at-home mom and raise her nine children,” Badami says. “My mom has raised me to be the woman I am and to be strong in my faith and make good choices in life. I know that is why I have lived the good life I have.”
Kim Badami’s Auction Package:
Dublin St. Patrick’s Festival Vacation for 2
* Travel to Dublin, Ireland March 13-19, 2014 during their week long St. Patrick’s Festival, recently named one of Fodor’s ‘Top 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die’
* 6 nights hotel accommodations for 2 at the famous Merrion Hotel
* Guinness Factory Tour for 2
* $1,600 Visa gift card for airfare
* Watch the St. Patrick’s Day Festival Parade from your own grandstand seats at Parnell Square
* $50 gift cards to visit the best local Kansas City Irish Pubs: Kelly’s, O’Dowd’s, The Dubliner, Paddy O’Quigley’s and McFadden’s
* 2 Diamond Club tickets to a 2014 regular season Royals game
* Private plane tour of Kansas City for 3 people